The Family Man
|Cette page doit être vérifiée et/ou traduite.|
Vous pouvez aider le Binding of Isaac: Rebirth Wiki en.
The Family Man is Challenge #19. This challenge prevents the firing of tears. Isaac must instead rely on familiars to do damage. Isaac starts with Brother Bobby, Sister Maggy, Dad's Key, BFFS! and Rotten Baby.
In the Afterbirth DLC, Isaac starts with the Conjoined transformation due to the familiars the player starts with, making the challenge more difficult. This is because the conjoined transformation decreases your damage, which the blue flies from Rotten Baby rely on.
There are no Treasure Rooms during this challenge, but shops are available. The goal is to defeat Isaac (Boss). Family Man is unlocked by collecting both Key Piece 1 and Key Piece 2 in a single run. Key pieces are collected by destroying the Angel statue in Angel Rooms. Angel statues can only be awakened after the player has defeated The Chest or Dark Room at least once.
Difficulty[modifier | modifier le wikicode]
Strategy[modifier | modifier le wikicode]
Dad's Key allows the player to enter secret rooms and shops without using bombs or keys. Saving and obtaining extra pickups via Dad's Key can be leveraged for items from Beggars and Arcade machines to offset the challenge's lack of treasure rooms.
Gaining flight will allow Isaac to stay safely out of range while the familiars deal damage.
Damage from Blue Flies scales with Isaac's damage, allowing more damage into the late game. The Guppy transformation enables familiar's attacks to generate Blue Flies. Rotten Baby's Blue Flies can seek enemies at range.
Little C.H.A.D. and Dark Bum can produce a number of red hearts or soul hearts. With this synergy Isaac can trade all red heart containers and survive with only soul hearts. In this situation The Polaroid and Whore Of Babylon will always produce their effects when Isaac takes damage.
Additional damage-dealing familiars can be leveraged against enemies. Lil' Brimstone is particularly useful for its significant damage, unlimited range, and attacks which pierce obstacles and enemies. ???'s Only Friend can also deal high damage and can be controlled to attack enemies anywhere in the room. Bob's Brain can be tricky to use effectively, but offers a tremendous boost to damage.
Defensive orbitals provide defense from projectiles and some can be used to deal damage. Playing Slot Machines is a relatively reliable method to get 2-3 defensive flies.
- This is no longer the case since Dice Rooms will not remove starting items in challenges anymore.
Most of Lilith's unlockable will make the challenge easier:
- Incubus enables you to fire as Lilith does, and also benefits from your Conjoined transformation.
- Having Box of Friends as your active item is recommended, as it doubles your familiars, and, likewise, allows Isaac to double his tear output.
- Cambion Conception and Immaculate Conception will give you familiars after receiving a certain amount of damage or picking up a certain number of hearts respectively. If there are spare heart pickups lying around, these items let you put them to good use by adding more familiars to your arsenal.
Reward[modifier | modifier le wikicode]
- Completing this challenge unlocks Epic Fetus, which causes Isaac's tears to be replaced with guided missiles.
- If you unlocked Loki's Horns, completing this challenge will unlock Challenge #11, Glass Cannon.
|1.||Pitch Black||2.||High Brow||3.||Head Trauma||4.||Darkness Falls||5.||The Tank||6.||Solar System||7.||Suicide King||8.||Cat Got Your Tongue|
|9.||Demo Man||10.||Cursed!||11.||Glass Cannon||12.||When Life Gives You Lemons||13.||Beans!||14.||It's in the Cards||15.||Slow Roll||16.||Computer Savvy|
|17.||Waka Waka||18.||The Host||19.||The Family Man||20.||Purist|
|21.||XXXXXXXXL||22.||SPEED!||23.||Blue Bomber||24.||PAY TO PLAY||25.||Have A Heart||26.||I RULE!||27.||BRAINS!||28.||PRIDE DAY!|
|29.||Onan's Streak||30.||The Guardian|
|31.||Backasswards||32.||Aprils Fool||33.||Pokey Mans||34.||Ultra Hard||35.||Pong|
|Attributs||Boss||Cartes et Runes||Chapitres||Consommables||Co-op|
|Challenges||Éléments interactifs||Item pools||Monstres||Objets||Personnages|